How to Pull Together a Drive-By Baby Shower - 10 TIPS
So things have changed a bit...but one of my favorite things to come out of all of this are
DRIVE-BY BABY SHOWERS!
With social distancing in place, we've really had to get creative in celebrating our loved ones! The purpose remains the same - make the mama-to-be feel LOVED! So let's get to it!
WHAT IS A DRIVE-BY BABY SHOWER?
In place of gathering inside the home, guests drive by at a designated time in a parade-like form to celebrate the mama-to-be. Same excitement, same amount of love and outpouring, same precious teeny tiny baby clothes, with a slightly different format (wink).
WHO SHOULD HOST THE SHOWER?
Easy! The host of the original shower, friends and family members, or even the mama-to-be! Costs are typically lower for this type of event, so people are more willing to pitch in and cover all decor and needs.
TIPS FOR A MAGNIFICENT DRIVE-BY SHOWER
1. Choose a short block of time for guests to drive by - 30 min to an hour is usually best.
2. Send an invite. TIP: Etsy is full of (editable) printable and digital invites perfect for this occasion!
Click HERE to see this in digital video invitation format.
3. Welcome guests with a personalized Drive-By sign. Again...ETSY :)
4. Decorate the house, garage and/or yard. Think outside the box..or house! There are so many options!! Banners, balloons, giant baby blocks, etc. can transform the outdoor space into a lovely (drive-by) baby wonderland!
DRIVE-BY SET UP IDEAS we've pulled together from Pinterest and Instagram:
BALLOON DECOR IDEAS - (YAAAASSSS PULL IT TOGETHER PARTY CO. CAN RECREATE THESE or create something original pertaining to the theme of your choice!)
5. Set up a table for gifts. For social distancing purposes, this could be set out towards the curb so guests can (6 feet away) shower the mama-to-be!!!
6. Don't forget baby shower treats! TIP: individually wrapped treats are a nice safety measure and make an easy 'grab & go' kind of gift!
7. Send an activity to guests prior to the event. Have a turn in area to collect so the mama-to-be can have a memorable keepsake!
8. REMINDER: This is still a PARTY!!!!! Remind guests to honk, throw confetti, decorate cars, make signs, and personalize their drive-by to show some love to the mama-to-be!
9. Send your amazing friends and family off with a smile, thanking them with a personalized Drive-By Baby Shower Thank You sign.
10. Schedule a Virtual Gift Opening Party via Zoom so everyone gets to see the adorable goodies and gifts!
AFTER THE DRIVE-BY BABY SHOWER
(& when all this madness is over)
BONUS TIP: A new trend hitting the scene is a SIP AND SEE PARTY.
Although the Drive-By Baby Shower is a great alternative to still celebrate the mama-to-be, she (or you if you happen to be reading this and you are the baby mama) may still feel a little bummed about not celebrating with all your friends and loved ones in the same place at one time, including hugs and touchy-feely kinda stuff.
SO...here's the way to make it happen. Check out this great post - Sip and See 101 by Baby Showers Inc.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, MY FAVORITE NEXT LEVEL EXTRAORDINARY & OVER THE TOP ADD ONS :)
CALL ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT TO BE THE FIRST ONE WITH THESE BOMB EXTRAS AT YOUR SHOWER :)
A mom-osa wall, a champagne wall, or even a mobile bar cart to serve your guests...6 feet apart of course :)
That's a wrap for Drive-By Baby Showers! Hope these are helpful tips for you when helping to adapt and plan for a 2020 shower. Of course, if you like what you see but would rather have Pull it Together Party Co. plan it for you....we are all in, baby!
Pull it Together Party Co.